APPLY NOW: Speedway 2021 Boards and Commissions

November 4th, 2020


(Speedway, Indiana) Citizens interested in serving on a variety of boards and commissions for 2020 are asked to submit applications by November 22nd.

Citizen volunteers are a critical part of local government and help to shape the future of our community. The Town of Speedway is currently looking for residents to serve on various boards and commissions for the town.

The board and commission positions being filled are expiring terms of current members – those members are eligible for reappointment – as well as several existing vacancies. Volunteers will be considered for appointment to the following boards/commissions:

  • Arts Advisory Council
    • Responsible for the creation and implementation of public art initiatives, programs, and policies for the town.
  • Cable Commission
    • Acts as a liaison between SCTV, the council, and citizens of the town.
  • Economic Development Commission
    • Enters into agreements to purchase or lease land and to build or lease facilities. They are also responsible for issuing and securing bonds for new development. 
  • Fire Merit
    • The Fire Merit Commission coordinates certain functions and operations of the Speedway Fire Department.
  • Public Transportation Board
    • Coordinates efforts related to public transportation.
  • Redevelopment Commission
    • Oversees the Town’s redevelopment and economic development initiatives.
  • Solid Waste
    • Oversees the operations, management, and capital of existing and new solid waste systems.
  • Stormwater Management Board
    • Oversees the operations, management, and capital of existing and new stormwater management systems and issues.
  • Library Board of Trustees
    • Oversees the operations, management, and capital of community efforts at the Speedway Public Library.
  • School Board
    • Board responsible for ensuring schools are responsive to the values, beliefs, and priorities of the community.
  • Board of Zoning Appeals
    • Board hears and rules on zoning and related land-use matters

Additional information, meeting schedules, and applications can be found at SpeedwayIN.Gov. There are three ways to fill out an application. All applications must be submitted electronically or to the Speedway Town Hall by close of business on Friday, November 22nd to be considered for appointment.

  1. Submit Online Application:
  2. Printed copies are available at Speedway Town Hall, 1450 North Lynhurst Drive
  3. Print and Drop off Application at Speedway Town Hall:

Please reach out the Kelly Turner, Director of Communications at 317-246-4120 or with questions. A list of FAQ can be found on the Town of Speedway’s website at


Contact Us

1450 N Lynhurst Dr
Speedway, IN 46224
Get Directions